CATESOL LA Regional is honored to announce that the plenary speaker will be Karen Taylor de Caballero. She has taught ESL and TESOL for over twenty years in Washington D.C., Namibia, and Mexico; she has served as a Fulbright TEFL specialist as well as ESL Coordinator. Her presentation is titled, "Phonological awareness: What your brain doesn't want you to know about teaching English."
We are also proud to introduce our other featured speakers.
- Donna Brinton, who has taught and trained instructors in the Americas, Asia, Central Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, will present "Sharpening contextualized learning through content-based instruction."
- Marsha Chan uses technology, such as YouTube, to improve learners' pronunciation skills; her presentation is titled, "Let's get our motor's running and sharpen our pronunciation skills."
- Jeanne Lambert has worked as an ESL teacher, program manager, faculty developer, and materials writer for over twenty years and will present "Effective ESL writing instruction for college success."
- Karen Russikoff, the current president of CATESOL, will present "Reciprocating skills: Reading and writing, but how?"
- Marla Yoshida is an academic coordinator and TEFL instructor at UC Irvine and will present "Choosing tech tools to reach your pronunciation teaching goals."
- Cheryl Zimmerman is Professor Emerita of TESOL at CSUF and will present "Managing the dynamic nature of word learning and teaching."